Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jay-Z ft Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town

Hova's latest single from his upcoming album, Blueprint 3 (click here for more about the album). Now maybe it's just me but do you ever find yourself having to 'put up with' Rihanna's voice? It's just a little too melancholy/slightly nasal/frog in the throat for me. Now it would've been such a given if Jay put wifey on the record but I may have been able to listen to it with a little less cringing. Or even someone like... Cassie?! LOL! J/K! Or perhaps he put Rihanna on because he wanted that monotonous sound that she produces so well... Who knows? It's times like this that I wish I can just call a nicca up and be like, "Wassup Jay? So just peeped your latest single. Wassup with puttin' Ri-Ri up on there?! Prove me right, you were going for that Zoloft sound weren't you?" Overall I thought the song was a typical Jay-Z joint with a mainstream minx and a headliner added in - (A touch of Kanye is always nice). I will most likely download his album when it comes out because afterall, Jay-z's that Jigga...



Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

1 comment:

  1. Rihanna killed this song, and I don't mean it in a good way! Whenever my boy plays this song in his car, I throw a fit. Who wants to hear yodeling? Dayum, Jay - think of me the next time you're in the studio. I can yodel pretty dang good myself.

    ReplyDelete