Thursday, August 6, 2009

RIP Baatin of Slum Village


I know I'm a few days late... I heard about Baatin's passing via Facebook. Slum Village is one of the few groups that I truly am a fan of, since their 'Fantastic' days... RIP Titus Baatin Glover.

Death is strange and death is strong. Whether it happens right next to you or within our musical sub-culture of celebrities, we stay affected. Don't sleep on your loved ones and don't sleep on these beats. Music is an art and true artists are part of a movement. Remember the first time you heard any song by anyone that lifted you up. Whether it was because of the beat or the words, however you related to it, remember how you felt it and remember how you loved it and remember how you replayed it. Just because you don't know an artist personally doesn't mean they can't touch you... personally.

Click here for more on Baatin.





Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UpuAlSMJTE That was my joint too :D

    ReplyDelete