Thursday, August 6, 2009

Here Mary J, sprinkle some of this on your ice cream...

Dang... This blog is starting to turn back into just my blog. Oh my two other analog authors... Ahaha!

So my cousin and I were having a mini email conversation about Ms. Mary J. Oh how we miss her so... Why do we miss her when she's still here, you ask? Who we miss is the old Mary J. The coked out/alcoholic/depressed/abused Mary J. Not exactly saying that she should revert as those are all terrible things to go thru. But come on, don't you miss the music she used to create while under those circumstances? All her albums and music that were put out during her coke-induced/black eyed haze were simply grand. 'What's The 411?' - 'My Life' - 'Share My World'... Awesome. 'Mary' - sorta awesome (This was my first road trip on my own joint. I bumped this mu'fucka all the way down the west coast. I thought I was Mary J. for a second. LOL!) 'No More Drama' - 'Love & Life' - 'The Breakthrough' - 'Growing Pains'... eh, not so awesome. I mean, I will always be a fan of Mary. She was the soundtrack to my informative years. But when I hear anything, ANYTHING that she's done within this decade, I just begin to miss her so much. And when that happens, I begin to look for her...








And remember this?


And this?



Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment