Friday, March 11, 2011

Rocky Rivera

And just 24 hours after I was intro'd to Hopie Spitshard, my cousin intro'd me to Rocky Rivera (AKA EyeASage).
I know I may be a bit late with this one - rather both of them - but better late than never.
A female, powerhouse MC with a laid back rhyming voice. Carrying many a similarity to Hopie (looks, female, Filipina, MC, Bay Area...) may be a coincidence but safe to say that the production of this particular brand of independent artist is broadening. (Let me find a 3rd one... I might have to see wassup with the water system in the Bay.)
Rocky Rivera appears to me, a little more seasoned and definitely not an undergraduate to the technique. The wife of Bambu - perhaps the musicality derived from likelihood, or life in general, is what brings her around so rough yet gallant. Her sound stages as tough, the sex is a bit more showcased and the bright-eyes are swept under the rug.
She's dope. The pretty pretty holds unnecessary. She seems a lil too street for a whirly girl moniker. But holds it down just the same.



Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment