Friday, July 9, 2010

Converse: 3 artists 1 song - Kid Cudi ft Bethany Cosentino & Rostam Batmanglij | All Summer

I've had an on-again/off-again love affair with Converse since my first pair of Chuck Taylor All Stars when I was a young teenager. The classic canvas black & white low-tops purchased (after a short begging session with my mom) at our town's local "everything" store, Chubby & Tubby. Where you could buy everything from shoes to Christmas trees to bait and tackle. Needless to say after countless years of business Rainier Avenue's Chubby & Tubby is gone and being replaced by, probably, one of those trendy mixed-use buildings. The past few years seemed to have been dedicated to countless efforts and attempts to creating Seattle's Southend neighborhood (AKA ghetto) into a fancy Southend suburbia, bringing the willful city moneymakers in to make the neighborhood look a bit more... ornamental?! Although failing to realize that you can make it as nice and as unrecognizable to it's residents and former residents as you want - the block will always be hot.
Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand... There's no surprise that Converse made another '3 artists 1 song' collab after last year's quick favorite My Drive Thru with Pharrell, Santigold & Julian Casablancas. So naturally I love that they enlisted Kid Cudi as 1 of the 3 artists for this year's musical marketing strategy... Converse sure knows how to sell (even more of) their brand - for I see another pair of black & white low-top canvas Chucks in my near future ;)



Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment