Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Find It Hard to... Pay?! (Rebel)

Lauryn Hill is gracing Seattle with her presence on May 22, 2011. But $65/ticket?! Come on now. I mean, I'm just as much a Lauryn-fan as the next and maybe I woulda paid that much during her miseducated days. But $65?! Am I just being frugal? Ok... I'm sure she'll bring satisfaction to her audience the way I know that she can but, for one, the concert's at The Showbox SoDo, not quite the sparkly venue (not to mention I've never paid over $40 to attend a concert at The Showbox). And secondly, unless she's gonna come out doing some Erykah Badu-type-shit (if you've ever seen Ms. Badu perform live, you know what I'm talkin' about...), the ticket price has me thinking that I'll pass.
Besides I saw her in concert back in 2002 and was delighted yet disappointed - she was rudely dope. Rude by her audience & stage crew but dope in her song-selection & performance. So notioning to pass on seeing her again doesn't have me too questionable as she's already an archive in my concert life.
But if anyone does go see her, lemme know how she was - if I may have missed out or if I didn't really miss anything at all...


Event details & tickets




Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment