Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday... Earth Day... Be Still Young Heart Day...

Just as I posted a shout-out to my fellow musichead/cousin on my Twitter/Facebook, I see a post from Big Boi. The official video for Be Still is finally complete. Although I love the song, the video didn't exactly excite me. With a make believe comic backdrop, constant transitions and... 'Daddy Fat Saxxx' cheerleaders?! For the seemingly laid back song Be Still is, what's the significance of the cheerleaders?! They're rhythmically horrible and simply unappealing. Now I'm sure Big Boi had some kinda vision for the video of this song but I can't seem to find the relevance. But I guess that's the art of being a musician - or any kind of artist for that matter - you don't really have to make sense to your audience as long as it makes sense to you. And it never hurts to get a little Big Boi & Janelle Monae in your life. Even if the video's not spectacular, the song still is.

Click on the link below to watch the video:

Big Boi ft Janelle Monae | Be Still

Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment