Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well hello, Chromeo...

Being a kid born into the 80's (1979 to be exact), I took on a lot of what the 80's had to offer. From it's sitcoms & movies to it's clothing, hairstyles & make-up. So I love how within the past few years the lovely trends of the 80's made a slow & sweeping comeback. Although some of the 80's fantastic trends shoulda very well stayed in the 80's, one thing that I'm most pleased about that made a cameo into our modern day are the sounds... That funky, electronic revival heard in some artists beats like Gordon Voidwell & Peaches. Most recently I was introduced to a duo called Chromeo, by none other than my fellow Vegas musichead/cousin ;)

I immediately dug their sound. Made me wanna put on some white 1-inch heels, a jean skirt, sheer black nylons and tie my hair to the side with a teal scrunchy, teased to high-heaven! Not that I ever wore that kinda outfit or anything... ;)

So all those within my age category (or not, all are welcome), let's have an audio flashback shall we?



Listen well
Be swell
And remember half the time I really 'Don't Give a Shit'

XO

1 comment:

  1. SAS YOU ARE THE ISH! :D And thanks for always giving me the musical shout out! :D I'm so happy you like Chromeo! This video is awesome. The cheesy dance routines incorporated in video was also very reminiscent to the '80s. Love it! And btw, we all had that similiar outfit you described, ahaha. Keep these comin!

    ReplyDelete